Western Union Deposits and Cashouts
Western Union has existed since 1855, and they’ve went from dominating the telegraph industry to offering singing telegrams and becoming the first telecommunications company to deploy its own fleet of satellites. In the modern era of online casinos and poker rooms, they’ve also positioned themselves as an industry leader when it comes to funding Internet gaming accounts.
In this article, we’ll examine the methods available to those looking for a reliable way to transfer money to the top poker rooms. Whether you want to visit an authorized transaction center or do it from the comfort of your living room, you’ll soon find that Western Union has you covered.
|100% up to $1000 Bonus||Play Now|
|#2||100% up to $1,000 Bonus||Review||Play Now|
|#3||100% up to $2,500 Bonus||Play Now|
Sending Money Online
The most convenient way to send money via Western Union is to use their online transfer service. You can park yourself on the couch, catch up on your favorite TV shows, and send funds around the globe at the same time. The following are the options available to customers who are looking to fund their poker room account in the easiest way possible:
- Money in Minutes – Enter the name and address of the receiver. You’ll then be able to pay with your credit or debit card (yes, even those issued in the United States).
- Paying with Your Bank Account – American customers can choose to link their bank account with their Western Union profile. With a couple of clicks, they can easily transfer money to anyone they want.
- WU Pay – This option uses your bank’s online service to transfer funds, and they’ll be available for pickup within three business days.
- Sending Funds to a Bank Account – Once you’ve entered the recipient’s bank account information, you’ll be able to send them money via credit card or bank transfer.
- Sending Money to a Mobile Phone – Use a credit or debit card to deliver money to a mobile phone. You’ll need the person’s name and mobile number, but keep in mind that this service is not available in all countries. This also isn’t a viable option for funding your poker account, but I wanted to include it just to demonstrate the wide range of options available from Western Union.
Sending Money in Person
If you’re not too lazy to leave the house, you can head down to an authorized Western Union office and complete your transfer by interacting with real people. The Money in Minutes service is still available, as are the options of sending money to a bank account or mobile phone. In addition, customers can choose next day service. You’ll be required to fill out a simple form and pay a transaction fees before the services can be rendered.
Sending Money by Phone
A lesser-known alternative for Western Union customers is to conduct transactions over the phone. By calling their toll-free number, customers can talk to a Western Union agent and send money to over 200 countries using a credit or debit card.
Conducting Large International Money Transfers
If you need to send amounts larger than $3,000 to individuals outside the United State, then it’s a good idea to join the Western Union online foreign exchange service. Transactions can be performed via your laptop or mobile device, and you can get a real-time exchange rate quote to determine how much value you’ll get for your transfer. You’ll also be glad to know that there are no hidden fees to deal with.
This service is only available for international money transfers, so those looking for domestic exchanges will need to use the usual Western Union services. Cash is moved from one bank to another during this process, so nobody is required to dash down to the local facility for a pickup.
Receiving Money from Western Union
If your online poker room offers Western Union as a withdrawal option, you may be able to choose from one of the following ways to receive your money:
- Cash – Bring a government-issued ID to an authorized Western Union location and leave with a fistful of money.
- Prepaid Card – If you have a Western Union prepaid card, you can have the funds loaded right onto the card.
- Bank Account – The money is deposited right into your bank account for maximum convenience.
- Mobile Wallet – This service is limited to the following countries: Bangladesh, El Salvador, Nepal, Indonesia, Kenya, Madagascar, Paraguay, Uganda, Tanzania, and the Philippines.
Western Union has long been an option for U.S. poker players looking to get around the money transfer restrictions imposed by credit card companies in the wake of the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act. The service is reliable, easy to use, and available to residents of most nations.